Impact Hub Austin is now accepting applications from potential participants who wish to be a part of this first-of-its-kind accelerator. Participants will benefit from Impact Hub’s strong network of organizations and experts working in Austin’s housing sector as well as one-on-one intensive coaching, a peer cohort model, and expertly developed sessions created to produce sustainable solutions to Austin’s affordable housing issue.
YOU SHOULD APPLY IF....
- ...A desire to change Austin’s affordability problem
- ...Identified a good Problem-Solution fit: your solution can actually have a meaningful impact on the problem
- ...The skills and background necessary to be able to deliver your solution
- ...The ability to measure your impact and track progress against it
- ...A plan for the next twelve months with clear goals and outputs, fully aware that both are probably wrong
- ...Are based in Austin, TX and want to learn from, contribute to and build with a cohort of locally-based peers
- ...Consistent encouragement, inspiration and practical tools.
- ...Dedicated time, mentoring and tailored support as you test and build your impact and business models
- ...Specialist advice from other successful ventures and relevant experts
- ...Powerful connections, including to customers, beneficiaries, potential partners, funders, talent and other locally-based peers like you
- ...Help recruiting, building and engaging your board
Three Tracks for Applications
Policy & Advocacy
Creating and sustaining affordable housing is complex. Austin, like other cities, has its own unique policy, history and needs when it comes to affordability. Under this track we are soliciting teams that support stakeholder understanding, education on current Austin data and other initiatives that enable the long term adoption of policies that support affordability in Austin.
Austin’s land and infrastructure are expensive. This is a huge component to lack of affordability city-wide. Under this track, we are soliciting teams that will utilize innovative financial models that enable production and/or preservation of affordable units in Austin. These teams will use strong partnerships and other methods to buy the cost of units down. We are looking for this initiatives to have potential for broad application.
You have heard the phrase - time is money; and nowhere is this more accurate (and with expensive consequences) than in producing affordable housing. Under this track we are soliciting teams that are working on tools, tech enabled or otherwise, that will support efficiency in identifying, executing and delivering on affordable housing stock.
What You Get As A Participant
Impact Hub North and South are open to you. Our community, our amenities, our coffee and swings! Having you all in our building also ex
We know that people often learn the most from their peers, so we facilitate opportunities for you and your cohort members to share insights, resources, ideas and contacts.
Bringing together a city's top mentors, advisors and industry experts, we help you identify and pull in the talent you need to succeed, including customers, beneficiaries, potential partners, funders and talent.
COACHING AND TRAINING
Drawing on the skills and expertise of our team, our network of Mentors and your own cohort members, we provide customized coaching and a series of trainings in key skills for venture and impact success.
INTERESTED IN MENTORING?
The best way to win is to have everyone brings their expertise to the table. Mentors are proven practitioners in Austin specific issues pertaining to housing, government, non-profits and business.